Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS Core Team Selection Issues

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Thinking more about ways that people can become OACS citizens with voting privileges...
  • Submitting bug reports
  • Fixing bugs
  • Submitting patches
  • Helping to clean up the bug tracker
    • Assigning submitted bugs (currently there are 300+ unassigned bugs to a developer and 400+ bugs that haven't been assigned to a release version!!! No wonder there are 434 open bugs!!!)
    • Closing resolved bugs
    • bugging people about the bugs they submitted or were assigned
  • Contributing graphics for use on OACS.org or in packages
  • Contributing use cases for developing packages
  • Contributing marketing material
  • Setting up an OACS social
    • BUYING A ROUND OF DRINKS AT A SOCIAL
    • Doing a reenactment of Vinod's "Hula of Zeus" at a social

Those are but a few.

In order to implement this I think it would be difficult to set up a system where every object someone contributes is tagged. However, perhaps it would be easier to have a facility in a user's public profile where another user can give them a "zorkmint" when something they've contributed has been useful? After a certain number of zorkmints have been accumulated, the user becomes a citizen.

how does that sound?

talli

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Talli, all of those sound good. I'm interested in the fact that there only around a hundred members of the Apache group. How many here would make it by any of these criteria?

I was just looking at the United States Constitution to see what criteria for citizenship were there. I didn't find it too helpful, but it didn't depend on participation.

Apparently any bum over the age of 35 can become President of the United States, save being born in the Land of the Free.

So if some individual finds her/himself using only AOLserver and OpenACS, instead of Apache/PHP/Zope/IIS, should they be a citizen by default? Isn't this person living in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?