Forum .LRN Q&A: Some more information on dotlrn register hanging

Since I've no answer, I still try to find out what happen with my configuration ...

but still didn't have no glue on what hang my postgres

The problem is that I can register a participant to 2 or 3 class an then it's hang the postgres process.

after a few research I find that the posgres process stay waiting like that :

postgres 19720  0.1  0.8 14572 9096 pts/0    S    12:20   0:02 postgres: nsadmin dotlrn_head [local] idle in transaction
postgres 19721  0.0  0.4 10428 5016 pts/0    S    12:20   0:01 postgres: nsadmin dotlrn_head [local] SELECT waiting

and if I try once more time their is a second process waiting and so on till all my process are stuck then I have to restart may OACS system.

it seems to append in the acs_rel__new function

dotlrn_head=# select dotlrn_member_rel__new(NULL,'dotlrn_member_rel',NULL,'21635','27103','needs approval','27103','192.168.1.18');
NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "acs_object_id_seq"
NOTICE:  identifier "acs_object__initialize_attributes" will be truncated to "acs_object__initialize_attribut"
NOTICE:  identifier "acs_object_type_get_tree_sortkey" will be truncated to "acs_object_type_get_tree_sortke"
NOTICE:  identifier "acs_object_type_get_tree_sortkey" will be truncated to "acs_object_type_get_tree_sortke"
Cancel request sent
NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function acs_rel__new
NOTICE:  line 22 at SQL statement

If anybody has already experience this kind of problem ... Thank you

Denis
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Denis,

It looks like you have a deadlock situation. Please send the actual error line here, otherwise it's pretty impossible to figure out what's wrong. It should appear after the NOTICE lines you posted.