2: Re: what is LRN (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
https://openacs.org/projects/
http://dotlrn.org/
Or be more specific in your question.
Collapse
3: Re: what is LRN (response to 1)
Posted by Paul Owen on
hmm, i got some problem with installing dotLRN. I have copied all the relevant packages:

bm-portlet
calendar-portlet
dotlrn
dotlrn-bm
dotlrn-calendar
dotlrn-dotlrn
...etc

into my packages folder of openacs, and used Package Manager to install them, however got error when installing:

Request Error

psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:101: WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of inline_0 near line 2
psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:101: ERROR:  Invalid type name 'portal_datasources.datasource_id%TYPE'
psql:faq-portlet-create.sql:174: ERROR:  Binding of portal_datasource to faq_portlet failed.
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:99: WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of inline_0 near line 2
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:99: ERROR:  Invalid type name 'portal_datasources.datasource_id%TYPE'
psql:faq-admin-portlet-create.sql:171: ERROR:  Binding of portal_datasource to faq_admin_portlet failed.

invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback $callback $path/$file_path"
    (procedure "apm_package_install_data_model" line 32)
    invoked from within
"apm_package_install_data_model -callback $callback -data_model_files $data_model_files $spec_file_path"
    (procedure "apm_package_install" line 103)
......etc.

does the error come up because of dependencies of packages? which mean i cant install all packages at once but in a specific order???

I have read the dorLRN Installation documentation, However, they only provide method to install dotLRN with openACS, but I already got openACS working and don't want to reinstall it. any help would be appriecated

Thanks
Paul

Collapse
4: Re: what is LRN (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
What version of OpenACS are you using?  As of OpenACS 4.6.3 the package manager resolves dependencies automatically so this shouldn't be a problem - the basic .LRN install process depends on this to work, too, so I think something else is going on.

What version of Postgres are you using?

Collapse
5: Re: what is LRN (response to 1)
Posted by Paul Owen on
Thanks for the reply, I am using OpenACS4.6.3 with PostgreSQL 7.3.2, I had tried 7.2 before but it also doesn't work. Is there something wrong with my installation process? At the very first time, I tried to install the package "dotlrn" alone, and the system inormed me about the dependencies which requires me to install other packages, I choose all required packages. But the process stop due to similar problems above. Then I discovered that the dependencies info in dotlrn.info doesn't contain some dotlrn packages such as "dotlrn-calendar", "dotlrn-bm". I tried to remove the unsucessful installation of dotlrn, but failed, so I installed openACS again. and this time in installing dotLRN, I clicked on every packages that come with the dotlrn downloads. And the above error was what I got.