Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OT: Best home-office router?
4: Re: OT: Best home-office router? (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on 09/06/03 04:23 AM
- Must be able to do 80211.b wireless with WEP of some sort, in some fashion. Ok if this means buying a separate wireless box and plugging it in, I don't care.
- Must support all the usual generic features I need (pretty much all
these boxes seem to now):
- Set Ethernet hardware MAC address to whatever I tell it to use (for cable modem networks that use this as an identification key).
- PPPoE with username and password (for DSL services that use it).
- NAT with port forwarding ("virtual servers").
- DHCP client and server.
- Very nice if it's also inexpensive. But reliability, and to a lesser extent features, are relatively more important.