Begin main content
Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OT: Best home-office router?
- VERY nice if the router handles TWO wide area networks, so I can
hook it up to both a cable modem and DSL. Hawking
"http://www.hawkingtech.com/" a cheap one of these, there are others.
I've no idea how well they work though.
- Nice if the wireless allows using a passphrase rather than entering
hex numbers on all the clients. VERY nice if router has admin
interface it let me assign DIFFERENT passphrases to different users
and expire them at will, e.g. for visitors and the like.
- Web management UI is nice, if it's decent. Should let you configure
EVERYTHING correctly, not just 90% like on the DI-714.
- telnet or ssh command line management UI very nice, if it works.
Should let you configure everything, not just 90%, etc.
- SNMP support sounds very useful.