Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Passing <property>s in included templates.

Collapse
Posted by Tomasz Kosiak on
I badly need property tag that parses its chunk. I would likt to do somthing like this:

<property name"topmenu">
<multiple name="menuitem">
<a href="@menuitem.href@">@menuitem.name</a>
</multiple>
</property>

As I investigated that problem I found that this is not that strightforward change to ATS. I would have to get deeper understanding of ACS Templating. So I would like to ask if sombody already did it or know how that should be done.

Or mayby there are other ways to pass some info from slave to master then slave tag and property variables. I know that I could set properties from *.tcl script, but in my case this should be done by graphic designer that wants to control topmenu layout.

Tomas, why can't you do this? I believe you can build multiples yourself.. not just from queries.

Look at the docs for Templating. There are some examples that might be pertinent.

Or stop by on IRC.

I've already build topmenu multirow myself. That is not a problem. I would like to use it in property tag to prepare html snippet to be used in master template.

I've read ATS docs quite carefully. If you can point to documentation or example URL I would be thankful. I would like to build html in *.adp not in .*tcl file which is trival.

What is the IRC channel you've mentioned? How to get there?