Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: LAMS2 and .LRN integration (beta) released!

Collapse
Posted by Chris Venghaus on
Hi there, Ernie,

I'm having a major issue with the LAMS2 .LRN integration. All the problems /seem/ to be correlated to a strange glitch we noticed while adding classes.

Here are our observations:

1. When in the Class admin, after clicking "Add a new LAMS lesson", no matter which class you are editing, it will always go to the administration for the very first class that the LAMS integration was added to.

2. Once a LAMS class is added, that class can be seen on every .LRN class with the LAMS integration enabled, and they all read the same class subject (From the first integration).

3. Some users (We're not sure of the correlation yet) are unable to access any of the LAMS courses, and get an error reading "You don't have permission to read .LRN LAMS2.x Integration"

4. Some other users will also make it all the way into LAMS, but the LAMS window will eventually timeout and display an error message saying "HTTP Status 502 - Login Failed - failed to fetch user info from the third party server"

For the record, I'm using the LAMS 2.0.4 on .LRN 2.3.0.

If you could offer any advice on what might be causing this, any help would be appreciated.
Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Hi Chris,

Yes, this is definitely an ugly bug. I had a look at this today and it looks very puzzling.

It seems to be that whenever I try to get a package_id for the lams2int-admin-portlet, I'm always getting the same package_id (not the correspondent package_id for the .LRN LAMS2 Integration instance installed under the class/community).

So whenever you add a new lesson, it _always_ shows as being part of the same instance.

Similar thing happens with the lams2int-portlet.. it always picks up the same package_id.

Quite confusing, really.

I'll investigate a bit this further and get back to you.

Ernie