Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: WYSIWYG editor...

Collapse
5: Re: WYSIWYG editor... (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

Robert's solution was to use a activeX control.  Use hotmail and IE, that is the exact same control from what I recall, maybe it has changed don't know.  Anyway there is much opposition to make use of this activeX control from the community.  Its been years since I first brought up the first demo of modETP.  And that has been one the main negatives.  Which I guess I have to agree, we can't use an activeX control only.

I think DaveB suggested something, I forgot what it is.  But its a Mozilla based project.  The goal of this project is to be a front end of different cms.  If any one out there who has funding I think its about time that a good editor is put into place.  I think the name is twingle, twiddle, what ever.  Dave B knows about it.

I hope this time this issue is finally addressed.  If you are in a hurry to have one.  Go with an activeX control comes will all windows :)

Collapse
6: Re: WYSIWYG editor... (response to 5)
Posted by Danielle Hickie on

Since this editor is going to be used (at least in our case) by the editors of the site and since we are using Mozilla as the standard browser, we are looking into Mozilla Editor, as pointed by Jun. It's really neat and works very well. The problem is that if you were to provide a functionality for people to edit their pages in a community, well, 95% of -at least our- users are using IE... :( ... but maybe we could just tell them: "you use IE? No WYSIWYG for you" ;).

Just my 2 cents

Collapse
7: Re: WYSIWYG editor... (response to 6)
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Sorry, I was logged as Danielle on my machine ... I should have looked at the navigation bar "logged in as ..." :))