Forum OpenACS CMS: My apologies CMS people

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
I have just come out of a very hectic month of craziness - mostly due to organising a big youth festival (when I'm not being geeky I can often be found punishing my body and mind as an event manager).

So sorry to the CMS team & others for my absence - I am back into the normal world again, and keen to see things keep progressing with CMS.

Next semester we may have some help from some Sydney University students (thanks for the potential offer Rafael!), but we need to nail down the user and application interfaces before real work can begin.

Now to find a client to pay for it...

My other challenge is to figure out how to make an open source project fit in with a new girlfriend =)

Collapse
Posted by Nagita Karunaratne on
Ok, what is the next task that needs to be done?

What are the current options on the interface under consideration? I have looked at the material here but has any consensus been reached on what the interface will look like.

Will it be usefull to copy a similar interface from another CMS?

What function do we want to support in the UI? What has been nailed down?

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Mark,

Nice to see your post.  I guess everyone got busy.  I apologize too.

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Hi Nagita,

Nice to hear from you - I am trying to help out as much as possible with bug fixing for the 5.0 release.

Let's reconvene the CMS group when that is done.

Bug bashing anyone?

Collapse
Posted by Nagita Karunaratne on
Thanks,

Somewhere in the forums I read that the current UI is a 'task-based' system. One needs to understand the underlying datamodel to recognize the next task in the sequence. One good thing is that it is pretty forgiving and bad decisions can be undone.

I will try using some other popular CMS's and identify some common goals/tasks that may be used as a starting point.

On my system (4.6.2) there were some small anomalities (ie. when you create a workflow all parties are added to the authoring workflow, small errors in adp pages that error out when trying to generate forms) that makes the UI even harder to understand for a novice like me. I have resolved most of these (but since CMS is deprecated and people are busy trying to clear bugs) i'm not putting it into the bugtracker.

Let us know when you are ready.