Forum OpenACS Development: Bug-tracker now using list builder

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
I've modified the bug-tracker to use the list builder, which has a number of consequences:

- You can now filter your bug listing along multiple dimensions at the same time, e.g. type (bug/suggestion/todo), fix for version, resolver, etc.

- You can sort the list by summary

- Bugs now show in a table format by default. There's still a google-style list format, but it's not the default.

- The counts in the summary list on the left are against all bugs, not just open bugs, which I'm not so sure is a good idea, but that's how it is right now.

I've also listbuilderified the patch listing page, which is a definite improvement, and I've made a few other minor improvements.

Bottom line is that we need to give the bug-tracker a good spin before we can release it. So I want to encourage our beloved Worker Bees to give bug-tracker a solid testing.

Also, I think we need to upgrade openacs.org as a special test case and see how well the new UI features work in practice.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
looks good lars!

a feature idea (maybe not for 5.0...) is that now that you have a column type view, there should be a prefs page where you choose what columns you want to show/hide and their display order

i will give it some testing

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Hi Mark

Yup, that would be perfect. I think it's already mentioned as a future to-do in the spec :)

http://www.collaboraid.biz/developer/list-builder-spec

Thanks for testing.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
yes - true! list builder looks like a winner lars