Forum OpenACS Q&A: FAQs & broken links

Collapse
Posted by Chris Davies on
In the FAQs I was looking for more information regarding the Content Repository.  It is obvious through some of the reading that I've done that it is the right way for me to manage parts of a module I'm working on.

However, the FAQ module on this site points to sdm.openacs.org in several places, which all point to the root of openacs.org/

Question 1, How do I install openacs4
Question 5, Where do I get the query extractor
Question 6, How do I use the Content Repository
Question 7, OpenACS 4 status
Question 11, I found a connect by
Question 13, How do I deal with dynamic queries
Question 21, How does the permission system work
Question 22, I just wanna see how work is progressing (and also points to the nightly 4.5 tarballs)

Through quite a bit of surfing, I think I've found the answer to #6 at
http://rubick.com:8002/openacs/content_repository

If you do a search for permissions in the OpenACS site, for some reason the URL is missing a / (2nd item).  If I correct the URL, I get:
You do not have admin rights on object 2449 or any of it's children

The best post I found so far dealing with permissions is
https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=116231

There is a post in TIPs regarding graceful degradation of css in 5.0 for older browsers that also points to an old server location.  It was posted less than a month ago which leads me to believe that sdm.openacs.org was only recently dismantled.

Anyhow, I wanted to at least point out a few things I had stumbled across, and if there are other pieces of documentation regarding CR and permissions, please pass them along.

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I've updated a few of these items, and I've volunteered to work on the FAQ section of the website. I plan to really flesh out the FAQ section -- it's really a structured way of keeping track of all the information on the openacs.org website.

But it will be done very gradually!