Forum OpenACS Q&A: ETP (bug 793-related?) -- I need port numbers in my search results!

Hi

I'm using ETP and I have my dev/staging servers using port numbers in their URLs. This causes the search results from ETP to produce broken links (minus only the port number).

In etp::revision_url, the link for the search result URLs is generated by prepending [ad_url] to the correct package and live document revision URL portions.

I was hoping to just replace [ad_url] with something simple and obvious like [ad_conn system_url] or [ad_conn port] but it seems no such thing exists!

Then I ran across this bug that looks like the problem was more global and was resolved (maybe ad_url was changed to include port?) but I don't where or how it was resolved!

Maybe it's in the lastest release ad_url and I'll look there next... Nope. The latest CVS HEAD of ad_url returns [ad_parameter -package_id [ad_acs_kernel_id] SystemURL] just as my version does.

So how should I go about getting port numbers in my ETP search results? How was bug 793 resolved when it was closed? It seems like I should be able to figure that out from the bug status page but I can't seem to! :(

tia

Just go to the site-map and change the value of the parameter SystemURL to include the port.

There was a bug once that it SystemURL was not set correctly by default on install when not using the standard port 80, but I think that is long resolved.

Wow

Thank you and so fast too -- not to mention such an easy thing to fix on my end :)

I'm on OACS 4.6.1 so it wasn't fixed then just fer info purposes.