Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Should we drop support of Postgres 7.2 in OpenACS 5.0/.LRN 2.0?

Til...its Jun! :)  I know ... I know... people seem to interchange my name with Yon.

I don't think it should be committed to CVS.  Since the script is one off.  And its also not 100%.  It is indicated on the script that is not 100%, although it did help some including openacs.org.

But I hope someone can make a short doc what are the issues moving from 7.2. to 7.3.

Take me as a prime example.

During the time the migration issues was being discussed, I was not paying too much attention to oacs.  When I finally needed to upgrade.  I have an idea what where the issues.  But it took Jade in IRC to somehow explain to me about the function name problem.

I can volunteer to do the write up about the name functions 32 char length.  Which also affects views, etc.  But someone else would need to step up and explain the other issues (which I still need to fully understand).  Then we come up with a 1 pager simple readme.  Put it into the docs, so it will help others migrate.

Jun - argh, again! Sorry! ;) (I think what confuses me is that your last name starts with a Y)

I was hoping that committing the file to CVS would be a step towards making it work for others, and we definitely need something like that anyway if we want to allow to upgrade openacs installations from pg 7.2 to 7.3. For example if it was in CVS it would be easier for me to re-run it and try to reproduce and fix  the one bug I experienced.

Could you please reconsider this or better just commit it? ;)

And for future versions of OpenACS that don't need it anymore, there's 'cvs remove'.