Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ad_page_contract optional default will clober a local var value

Hi Tom,

I do make use of the practice you have given.  Normally I create a zzz-something-procs.tcl to change things that I want to change, but doesn't seem to be applicable to the general public. I guess its a fine line that I have misjudged.  Normally when I see a bug, I put a patch for it.  To my judgement at that time and testing, this patch will not create big changes.  And I am able to patch, so I did patch it after filing on the bug tracker.  Thanks for Lars for pointing this out.

Anyway I will just revert back.  Although I think we need to keep the bug open.  I think its a bug, maybe another solution can be more acceptable.

The backgrounder how I found this bug was.  I was using ad_return_template behaviour that the same level is being used.

For example I have generic.tcl which ad_return_template to specific.tcl.  I then added an optional form var, so I can override the value to specific.tcl.  For example /foo/bar generic.tcl will get some vars and decide which specific.tcl it needs to return.  Then I created something like this /foo/bar?usethis=value.  I think I first found this when passing some optional values to a preview page.  I could pass it ok, but then after the values with default of ad_return_template was not being accepted.  When it actuality its being clobbered.