Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ad_page_contract optional default will clober a local var value

Ola,

Its ok.  Also thanks to you I retested things up.  I found some 2 bugs on wizard which dependend on the template::foward for Brad.  I have fixed one (some lines got messed up on Brad's diff), still trying to fix another (I will likely need Brad's help this one).

Tom,

Thanks for pointing that out.  But I have to say its not really related to this.  I have also indicated on my last post on thread that the alternative solution are not successful.  And I will not post a tip anymore.  As you guys call it...  Beating a dead horse.  You can beat that dead horse on the other thread. The other thread is not a bug, its a change so I can not provide an example that shows its a bug.  So I posted it, did not file a bug on the bugtracker and discussed.  Got consensus its not good, took the suggested alternative, unable to provide a solution in time, concluded the thread.

As opposed to this thread, I have judge that it was a bug, so I posted on the bug tracker.  And my mistake to misjudge not to post it.  You can beat this horse too.  And I think clearly that I am not mucking around and changing things all over to my liking.  I filled a bug, made a patch and volunteered to apply it.  I have used that patch for a couple of weeks, and before applying did some testing and I did not find any drawbacks.

I have reverted so any further discussion and testing can be done.  Sorry Tom but is so darn frustrating.  I am just trying to help out here.  Maybe you can help out and apply the patch to your instance and see if it breaks something. I am pertaining to the patch on thread, not the other thread.

Anyway I better sleep, its like my am not thinking straight anymore.