Forum OpenACS Q&A: tdom compile problem

Collapse
Posted by Trenton Cameron on
I am trying to compile tdom so I can move to the head.  After getting the source it will configure but when I type make I get the following

gcc -pipe -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -DHAVE_GETCWD=1 -DHAVE_OPENDIR=1 -DHAVE_STRSTR=1 -DHAVE_STRTOL=1 -DHAVE_TMPNAM=1 -DHAVE_WAITPID=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_TERMIOS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1 -DTIME_WITH_SYS_TIME=1 -DHAVE_TZNAME=1 -DHAVE_TIMEZONE_VAR=1 -DHAVE_ST_BLKSIZE=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DNO_UNION_WAIT=1 -DNEED_MATHERR=1 -DHAVE_SIGNED_CHAR=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_FILIO_H=1 -DSTATIC_BUILD=1 -DTCL_WIDE_INT_TYPE=long\ long -DHAVE_STRUCT_DIRENT64=1 -DHAVE_STRUCT_STAT64=1 -DHAVE_TYPE_OFF64_T=1 -DNO_FLOAT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMMOVE=1 -DHAVE_BCOPY=1 -DVERSION=\"0.8.0\" -DUSE_THREAD_ALLOC=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DHAVE_PTHREAD_ATTR_SETSTACKSIZE=1 -DHAVE_READDIR_R=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS=1 -DUSE_TCL_STUBS=1 -DNS_AOLSERVER=1 -DUSE_NORMAL_ALLOCATOR=1 -DXML_DTD=1 -DXML_NS=1 -DTDOM_NO_UNKNOWN_CMD=1 -DUSE_NORMAL_ALLOCATOR=1 -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN=1 -I../generic -I../expat -I"/webroot/software/aolserver/aolserver/include" -I/webroot/software/aolserver/aolserver/include  -O  -DBYTEORDER=4321 -fPIC -DTCL_DBGX= -c `echo ../generic/xmlsimple.c` -o xmlsimple.o
In file included from ../generic/xmlsimple.c:69:
../generic/dom.h:499: parse error before "Tcl_Obj"
../generic/dom.h:499: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../generic/dom.h:507: parse error before '}' token
../generic/dom.h:507: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

The conifig file I am using has

aolsrc="/webroot/software/aolserver/aolserver"
../configure --enable-threads --disable-tdomalloc \
  --with-aolserver=$aolsrc \
  --with-tcl=$aolsrc/tcl8.3.2/unix \
  --with-tclinclude=$aolsrc/include

Please let me know if you have any ideas thanks

Collapse
2: Re: tdom compile problem (response to 1)
Posted by Trenton Cameron on
I fixed the problem by moving it to a comparable machine.  I am not usre what the root of the problem was.