Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours?
5: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours? (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on 10/21/03 08:37 AM
Random thoughts, no order, trying not to repeat things already said:
- Small perl/bash script, that will upload a patch to openacs like this "upload-openacs-patch #bugnumber #filename(s)". In other words, make it as easy as possible to provide patches to OpenACS
- Knoppix CD with OpenACS out of the box.
- Structured approach on OpenACS marketing.
- Creation of OpenACS marketing material
- @openacs.org emails
- signup OpenACS to conferences (and try to get reductions).
- Coordinate press releases about OpenACS. Installation of a press module for monitoring all published information about OpenACS on openacs.org
- Expand the user base.
- Talk about work that is beeing done, try to avoid double developement.
- Single signon gateway which would allow us to easily use e.g. squirrelmail as a webmail system or integrate other systems.
- Install Jabber functionality in openacs.org
- Sort out and resolve the CR discussions
- OpenACS social beginning of next year in Germany