Forum .LRN Q&A: How about a more user-friendly alternative to "Security Violation"?

How about a more user-friendly alternative to "Security Violation" when my new users successfully register for my .lrn site?  We currently advise new users that "This incident has been logged" is just .lrn's way of saying "I love you and want to take you home," but I'm wondering if we might not find a way to change the text to something more informative and friendly -- as I've got a lot of people writing to me in confusion.

I've found this text in two places, buy my patches have had no effect:

./packages/acs-developer-support/tcl/acs-developer-support-procs.tcl
      <p>This incident has been logged.</p>
./packages/acs-tcl/tcl/acs-permissions-procs.tcl
  This incident has been logged.

I'll appreciate any suggestions of how I might better proceed!  Thanks!  Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You can try to grep for ad_return_forbidden and change the message they put out.

Bruce

I think this happens because of the permissions set on the dotlrn site node. If you take a look, you are probably missing "read" access for "dotLRN Users" or possibly "Registered Users" (can't remember which!).

If you set the missing permission, then people who are newly registered will go to the "index-not-a-user" page under "packages/dotlrn/www/". You could amend this page to say something more meaningful like "You are not a member of any community/groups...".

Hope that helps.

<Raad>

Dear Jun and Raad:  Many thanks for the tips!  I've been swamped with other work, but now I have some time to check this stuff out.  MANY thanks!  Bruce
OK, this is my solution: I grep'd "Security Violation" and found the offending text in:

./packages/acs-tcl/tcl/acs-permissions-procs.tcl
"Security Violation" \

Which I then changed to something warm and fuzzy.

Thanks!