Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours?
I read the paper (quickly) and here are my thoughts:
1. I was referring to the "error" logs, rather than the access logs.
2. Most sites don't bother with realtime reporting on access logs, rather, they roll them daily and run report software against them (largely due to size). While this would allow a means of providing realtime logs, the bloated size of already overlarge log files would be too much. I'd rather see them go the other way - normalize the acccess data.
3. If we converted the access logs to XML then only one piece of software could read them. Currently there are at least dozens of good packages out there to do whatever reporting people want.
4. I can code XML but not XSLT.
5. I don't have a personal need / desire to see it happen.