Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks,

1. From a users point of view, ask this same question to first time visitors of www.openacs.org, and put this prominently on the homepage. That will give developpers a sense of what John Doe is looking for, without getting distracted by technical challenges.

3. Make available all information about adding design features to the toolkit in a format normal people can understand. Right now I have to dig deep into the forum to find usefull information. Maybe we have some folks that have managed to do what the toolkit was designed for, and concentrated on design, rather than database development. I think you folks could add some very valuable information, that would help administrators and users of the tookit.

PHP nuke comes complete with a few default skins that can be changed by toggling. I can't imagine something like that is not possible with OACS, but, i havn.t got a clue about technology. Anyway, I thik it's a nice fature.

In general I think you are doing a great job, and once you get used to find creative ways to bypass problems, it all works fine. Thanks a lot.

Cheers
nontechie/Ben