Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: installation instructions on openacs.org

Collapse
Posted by bob phillips on
I see the new 5.0 installation link
but I couldn't append comments to the 5.0 document (which still uses a non-functioning postgresql link)to add a comment with a  corrected link, as in the 4.63 installation doc.

trying the
"see comments" page at the bottom gets a file not found error.

bob

Collapse
Posted by bob phillips on
on the other hand if I try the "see comments" link from
the bottom of chapter 4, I get to a postgresql 7.1.3
page.
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
I think I've fixed the postgres link - please check in the head docs.  As for commenting, we have several problems:
1) The paths for the docs won't really get sorted out until we upgrade the server and the current docs move from /doc/openacs-HEAD to /doc.  I've already modified the standard index.adp to include everything necessary on the current openacs.org/doc/index ETP page, so we're just waiting on the server upgrade.

2) The "click here" link is autogenerated, and will need to be custom autogenerated for the one special instance of pages sitting at the place all the other pages link to.  Not sure if there's any way to automate this.  Currenty, I generate HTML on my laptop or wherever and check it in; the easiest thing might be to have a custom template on openacs.org and regenerate the html locally.

3) I added all of the /doc/openacs-HEAD files to static pages and checked permissions, but the comments links don't show up.  Could be caching?  If someone else could have a look that would be nice.