Forum OpenACS CMS: Re: Combinign content and templates, web site baking

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I might misunderstand what you are saying, please bear with me :).

So the idea is to have a dynamic template in the database that will be written to the harddisk once it is finished (published), so it could be used by the templating system ?

Or are we going a little bit further in saying, screw adp pages and templating by acs-templating. Instead take my template, take my content and once I'm happy (aka publish), make an HTML page out of it ?

If we do either one, where on the file system would we store such pages. I'd assume within the /www section, but maybe there have been other ideas (like /content-repository-published-files).

Would the URL be generated by accessing the cr_content_id? Or would we (in case we store it in the /www tree), just recreate the site-map to reflect this (aka, if mountpoint = /mycms/index, then it should be stored in /www/mycms/index.html)  ?

If we recreate the site-map, how would we deal with the issue of having an item at /www/my-package-node/index.html ? If the package e.g is bug-tracker, which page should be served (or better, which one will be served). Or would this be prevented right from the beginning?

What if we change the site-map later on and decide to mount a package at the node where we currently store HTML files?

Okay, just a bunch of questions that came into my mind.....