Forum OpenACS Q&A: Missing Post

Collapse
Posted by Andrew S on
I just posted a new thread to these forums, and I don't see it in the thread index.  Are these forums moderated?
Collapse
2: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by bill kellerman on
i had the same hallucination.  you probably didn't hit the "confirm" button when you first submitted it.
Collapse
3: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew S on
I don't think that was it.  The post showed up 5 or 10 minutes later.  I wonder what's going on..
Collapse
4: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
These pages are cached to avoid some expensive queries.

I'm not sure if that was a temporary hack for openacs.org only (which is going to be upgraded from 4.6.x to 5.0 soon) or if it is part of the toolkit.

Collapse
5: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew S on
If the delay is gonna be a permanent feature, then maybe a message could be added that says something like, "Your post should appear in a few minutes."
Collapse
6: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Pavel Boghita on
from what I know about how some browsers work is that they don't refresh content all the time and straight away. If you were to delete all the cached pages you may get the fresh page with your post there.
Your post does indeed appear imediately after you confirme it because you can see it if you click 'view new posts since your last visit' after commiting or just press F5 in I.E.
Collapse
7: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew S on
I did try Control-R in IE when I was looking for the post -- is that the same as F5?  If so then the delay probably wasn't a browser caching thing.
Collapse
8: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Pavel Boghita on
you're right, but clicking "view new posts since your last visit" works.
Collapse
9: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
We really should have a new post trigger the appropriate cache flush, if it doesn't already.
Collapse
10: Re: Missing Post (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The forums code in is CVS in the openacs.org-dev repository. Patches welcome!