Forum OpenACS Q&A: does tDOM have a home?

Collapse
Posted by russ m on
We're looking to shift some of our hosted sites from crazy-old Solaris boxes to new AMD64 hardware running linux, but as far as I can see the current tDOM sources have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Several threads in the fora have said that we need tDOM > 0.8.0 on 64 bit platforms, but neither cvs.tdom.org nor www.tdom.org are responding (I've tried a few times on and off over the last couple of months). Also the tdom packages in debian/ubuntu are extremely old (0.7.8), and apparently orphaned.

Is there anywhere that current tDOM releases can be found? http://wiki.tcl.tk/1948 talks about 0.8.2 but says to get it from tdom.org, which isn't that helpful... :)

Collapse
2: Re: does tDOM have a home? (response to 1)
Posted by russ m on
ah, never mind - tdom.org's current unavailability is temporary... dunno why I wasn't able to get through before though...
Collapse
3: Re: does tDOM have a home? (response to 2)
Posted by Tom Jackson on
They had a DNS screwup, it just took awhile to flush the internet of bad addresses. One thing to avoid such long outages (up to a week) is for the owners to lower number of seconds the data is valid. Clients can avoid this by using a local DNS client, which can be flushed. You can expect that big ISPs (like comcast) keep old data around, and their DNS servers are slow, very slow. If you think a website is down, it could be your ISP's DNS servers either being too slow or using old data.