Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Some Feedback From an OpenACS Newbie

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Certainly the only thing i overgenerate is toxic gases, but I have yet to find a way to use them in this discussion.

Personally I think newbies and developers can follow whatever protocol they want to communicate. Most of what I spewed out into this thread was advice to Andrew S that he wasn't going to get very far with the method he has used. Some others thought it was better to be nice to Andrew S. I didn't think so at all.

I can't say if Andrew S is a troll or not. If I was sure he was, I probably would not have even responded at all. But the truth is his behavior has the same effect. He didn't add anything to the discussion, he made obvious comments, he made useless distinctions, etc.

If someone had thought that Andrew S made a useful comment, a new thread should have been started by that person. Andrew S started all this off by flattering himself quite a bit. He isn't a 'newbie', he isn't even a 'wannabe', he's just a 'luser'.

Can we get a few more estimates on how long it is going to take Andrew S to install the software. I'm not sure he has enough information yet to really bite.

My own estimate is: too long.