Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Loading the data model incorrectly

Collapse
Posted by Angel Hernandez on
Thanks Roberto! Everything is working great now. I'm able to add users, messages to the bboard, news, etc., all without a problem.

So far I really like Postgres and ACS/PG. I already have ACS running on Oracle, but since I'm going to be installing the ACS for a non-profit org in a few days, I thought I better give ACS/PG a spin on my system first. It's great!

On a wimpy Linux box, Postgres feels really fast and lightweight compared to Oracle. I also love how simple and straightforward the commands are (eg: "createdb" "destroydb")

I've run into a few errors though. Out of five, I only found one as a reported bug (viewing birthdays), so I'm not sure if the rest are bugs as well, or just something that I need to change. Here's where I ran into an error:

• Uploading Portrait - could choose the file, but failed after submitting.

• Calendar - No states in table. Guessing I just need to load another .sql file, but it seems like it should have been done when feeding the data model.
  • Who's online? - error.
  • bboard search - I'm sure the problem is probably in the my_server.ini file; then again, I used the defaults for this module, so it doesn't seem like I should get an error.

Are these already known errors, or are they unique to my setup? If these aren't known bugs, I'll post back with the error messages.

I wish I knew Postgres better, and exactly how it's SQL differs from Oracle's...would make it easier for me to troubleshoot.

Anyhow, thanks for the help, and thanks to the team for a great job porting the ACS to Postgres!