Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: installing BCMS

Collapse
9: Re: installing BCMS (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Mark,

Not you too... its Jun.  Not Yun.

The bcms package should be near latest.  Both me and Lars are doing modification on it.  Lars has upped the requirement that it requires 5.0 CR.  You can force install in on 4.6.3 and run bcms-compat.sql.  Please take note that I have patched some CR plsql, I haven't fully tested them for compatibility.  Don't install bcms on a CR production site yet unless you know what you are doing.

Once its installed you install bcms-ui-base.  I need to commit a the latest code though.  You will also need to copy/move the files from /bcms-ui-base/templates to acsroot/templates.  Anyway when you visit bcms-ui-base as admin you should be redirected to /admin url.  Set the content folder and template folder.  I recommend that you create a sub folder as those are CR root's folder.  There will be missing files in bcms-ui-base which are the custom content types on my current project.  Aside from that it should be workable.  I haven't tested yet though.

I plan to roll out a tar ball or apm for the 2 packages maybe bcms-ui-wizard too.  Anyway just tell me how it went so I can fix it up for general consumption.