Forum OpenACS Q&A: Agreement with Messy Navigation

Collapse
Posted by Aaron (WRONG ACCOUNT) Swartz on

I agree, the ACS navigation seems to have become rather haphazard as aD has become so large. There are:

• Front Page: the normal, plain old page that users are greeted with as they come in.
  • Your Workspace: the special "workspace" for logged-in users with (somewhat) added functionality.
  • Portals: a completely different ACS feature which allows people to effectively create a customized workspace, yet is completely cut off from the workspace and front page area and is provided as yet another ACS service.

Does aD have a bulletin board to discuss such issues? It seems to me that they should have an ACS demonstration site that (a) shows what an out-of-the-box set up of the ACS looks like and demonstrates all the freatures (photo.net performs in this capacity somewhat) and (b) provides a form for disussion and community for users of the ACS to bring up issues like this. software.arsdigita.com doesn't cut it -- it's just a download site. Am I missing this? Does this already exist? aD certainly has enough money to set up another ACS site. Hmm, maybe I should email them about it.