Forum OpenACS Q&A: Does the Ticket Tracker work?

Collapse
Posted by Nathan Reeves on
Trying to access the new-ticket tracker but keep getting internal
server errors - 500.  Is this due to development work or has the
ticket system yet got some work to go?

Thanks

Nathan

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
You should tell use what version you're using and what the error message in the log is... Things should work, although the latest version in CVS is much better than b1 or b2.
Collapse
Actually getting the error occur when I access the one on this site (acspg.benadida.com).  Comes up whenever I attempt to add an new ticket.

Nathan

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
that would be because that site is not set up to use the ticket tracker :) That site isn't running 3.2.1 yet....
Collapse
Finally got everything running with the latest CVS version.  Every time I try and do something in the ticket tracker I get a 500 -
Internal Server error.  Is this experienced by others?

Nathan

Collapse
Posted by Grant Schofield on
I'm also having lots of hassle getting the ticket tracker to work, and encountering the same error. I'm using Postgres7b3, Aol3b6, and ACS/pg 3.2.2b. What versions are you running?
Collapse
Grant,

Just seen your mail from May 3, apols for not replying sooner.

Since I asked the original question, I've upgraded to Postgres 7, still running AOLServer 3.0 and I checked out a copy of openACS from the Sourceforge CVS.  Also grabbed a copy of the postgres driver from CVS.

Still getting errors appear.  I can get into new-ticket and display the first page, when I try and add a project however it just brings up a 500 - Server Error page.  My server log doesn't show any errors however.

Cheers
This mirror what you're seeing??

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
OpenACS improved the Ticket Tracker and released it as "new-ticket". It will have that URL untill we decide what to do with it.

The new-ticket has several enhancements over the regular ticket tracker and is part of a bigger module that Ben is building - BITS (Bug and Issue Tracking System). With new-ticket, your issues are assigned to your "todo" list (/todo).

To get it going, you need to create a "team" first. Go to "/team" and create a team. Then visit "/new-ticket" and you should be able to see it.

new-ticket is being worked on and we are hoping to release an improved version by the time OpenACS final comes out, in about two weeks.

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
Hi, I'm getting server errors when I go to the admin page for a project team. I can add the team, set (once only) who can edit tickets in the project and submit tickets and comments to tickets against the project.

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error MIME-Version: 1.0 Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:33:59 GMT Server:
AOLserver/3.0rc2 Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 277 Connection: close 

Is there a place where I can add just projects without dealing with team assignments? If so, (1) how, and (2) is this what I should have done?

I'm running:

• aolserver 3.0rc2,
  • postgresql 7.0.2,
  • acspg 3.2.2b3 (latest as of this date)

-Jim