Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Boston OpenACS Pre-Social CMS get together report

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ok that was the report. This week, I am exploring adding another user interface that runs on top of the BCMS package. Right now in the contrib repository we have BCSM-UI-WIZARD and BCMS-UI-BASE. I believe Jun is mainly working on BCMS-UI-BASE at this point.

I have a couple of reasons to do this. #1 to develop an alternative user interface to demonstrate how a comprehensive Tcl API to the content repository enables rapid development of content applications. #2 to build a user interface similar to these mock ups: http://blesius.org/projects/openacs/acs-subsite/cms/ #3 To allow content to be managed from directly under an instance of acs-subsite without adding any files to the filesystem. This experiment requires adding an index.vuh file to acs-subsite and adding a package parameter.

As I am doing this I will add the code directly to the contrib repository so anyone interested can see what's going on and contribute ideas. I think developing several user interfaces will help us determine the effectiveness of the Tcl API.