Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS and Sharepoint

Collapse
3: Re: OpenACS and Sharepoint (response to 2)
Posted by Abelardo Pardo on
Nima

I asked that question myself a few months back, and I realized that it comes with the default installation. You need to go to the file-storage admin parameters,there is a flag that turns on the WebDAV support for each instance of File Storage.

Once it is enabled, a URL appears at the bottom of the file-storage HTML page which is what you have to use to access it remotely with a WebDAV client.

I tried to use FS remotely both with Msoft and KDE Konqueror. With MSoft you may open a file remotely, and every time you save your file, it creates a new version in FS. With Konqueror, I needed to save the file locally and then send the new version back (plus the URL given by OACS is not exactly what you need to enter in konqueror to reach the folder), but it was a problem of the client, not in OACS.

I did find a glitch though in the oacs_dav package (see https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=1201217). It affects the way the date a file was last modified is stored in the database. For simple one-user read/modify/write sequences, it is not critical, but I was trying to synchronize the content of two directories, and this date was the reference I used.

Hope it helps.

PS> After playing with this, it occurred to me that It would be a great help to have an additional "object" in the File Storage which would be a URL pointing to a subversion module. You could then program the frequency by which such URL would refresh the content from the SVN repository. That way you could mirror an entire SVN module automatically into OACS FS (I'm thinking about authoring processes in which a large number of small changes are produced quite frequently.)