Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problems with xinha on oacs-5-4

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Claudio,

Take out the "FullScreen" from the list of the plugins (in the "templating" package parameters from site-map). Seems, that the plugin is not necessary anymore, you can use the fullscreen mode without the plugin.

In older versions, the language was always set to "en", so there might be some troubles with languages, but we should sort this out to improve i18n.

-gustaf

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Hi Gustaf,

actually the problem was not limited to the FullScreen plugin, but also to Abbreviation, EditTag, LangMarks and ListType.

Fortunately the language specific files are very small, and so copying and translating them from another language was a matter of minutes.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i was worried about that. Can you submit the .it files to xinha http://xinha.webfactional.com/? Xinha 0.95 is close to release (rc2 is out), it would make sense to include it there. btw, Xinha 0.95 is likely to have support for safari 3.

Actually, i would expect similar language issues for the plugins for other languages as well. Maybe we should reduce the list of the Xinha plugins in the default configuration, such that admins, adding Xinha plugins take responsibility for the availability of the language files of their used languages.

Xinha itself has 34 languages, so i do not expect much problems there.