Forum OpenACS Development: Re: XML-RPC package ready

Collapse
9: Re: XML-RPC package ready (response to 1)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Since we have branched now, you could commit it to HEAD. Or did you already put it up somewhere and I missed it?
Collapse
10: Re: XML-RPC package ready (response to 9)
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Thanks for the reminder Til - I haven't looked at this stuff since my last post. I'll plan on committing it to HEAD this weekend unless I hear differently.
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I committed the XML-RPC package to the HEAD. I'll get back to the Blogger and MetaWeblog API in the next few days - just working on the automated tests.
Collapse
I'm having a problem with the xmlrpc package - for any xmlrpc request it hangs for appx. 30 seconds and then errors out, with this in the error log:
Error writing content: resource temporarily unavailable
    while executing
"ns_conncptofp $fp"
    (procedure "xmlrpc::get_content" line 13)
    invoked from within
"xmlrpc::get_content"
    invoked from within
"if {[string equal [ns_conn method] POST]} {
It is mounted on /RPC2 as per the default. Which gets redirected to /RPC2/ by the way, didn't you want to make it a registered proc once to avoid that? But that is not the problem I think - the client seems to follow the redirect correctly. I tried both xmlrpc::remote_cal from another openacs installation and the python client api.

This is happening on AOLserver 3.3.1+ad13 which is running on a non-standard port number, without any proxies involved. One empty temporary file like /tmp/fileddoVAw-562318384.xmlrpc2 is left after each attempt.

Any ideas?

Collapse
With aolserver 4.0 final it works fine.