Forum OpenACS Q&A: OCT Meeting Minutes (27 Feb 2008)

Request notifications

Collapse
Posted by Avni Khatri on
Attendees: Avni, Dave, Don, Emmanuelle, Gustaf, Hector, Robert, Stefan, Victor
  • Packaging!
    • Purpose: Easy Installation for people trying OpenACS
    • We are going to aim to package for debian-unstable that will go into ubuntu through debian imports
    • Getting into debian stable is hard (takes ~2 years), but there is a process from debian-unstable to debain stable
    • Conclusion:
      1. We will first work towards packaging OpenACS for debian-unstable + ubuntu (32-bit);
      2. We will then work on getting the packages into the respective distributions;
      Steps:
      1. Debian packages (own set)
      2. Debian refinement to policy compliance
      3. Approach Debian Tcl/Tk Team
      4. Get their sponsorship
      5. Debian Unstable
      6. Ubuntu
    • We also need to address the problem of updating; Perhaps have our own repository with everything in one place;
    • Hector from UNED and Stefan will do the packaging;
  • Stefan is adding packaging documentation at: http://openacs.org/xowiki/packaging; It will have a list of steps to follow for packaging.
  • Stefan is doing xotcl packaging; Carl and Avni will do tdom packaging;
  • The OCT member terms which were supposed to expire in May 2008 have been extended for 6? months (can someone please verify the length)
  • We now have an "implemented" state in the TIPping process; Victor will change documentation to reflect this.
  • Victor will do next week's meeting minutes!
Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
> The OCT member terms which were supposed to expire in May 2008 have been extended for 6? months (can someone please verify the length)

yes..6 months is the length.