Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to ns_db is not enabled

Collapse
Posted by sue ryu on
Dear Don, I have a feeling that i did not set up the ini file in the /web/servername/parameter directory as well. my question was that in the log file i had the error saying

[01/May/2000:21:28:21][3743.1024][-main-] Error: nsd.db: no 
      driver defined for pool: nscp
      [01/May/2000:21:28:21][3743.1024][-main-] Notice: loading:
      /home/nsadmin/bin/postgres.so
      [01/May/2000:21:28:21][3743.1024][-main-] Notice: 
      PostgreSQL loaded.
but, it looks like PostgreSql was loaded.
i posted the tcl file used to bring up the aolserver, but it was cut off. i tried 3 more times to post the same message but the site was having a problem inserting the message. anyhow, i am posting my tcl file and parameter ini file here. as for the ini file in the parameter, i did not include everything from ad.ini file. i did not want to include anything that i did not need. i am not sure if this caused the problem. currently, the test1 site brings up the login screen to register a new user, and then it brings up the second page asking more info and then it fails when it is connecting to DB. it says "Connecting ..." and then it says it is trying ... and then it fails... ..... thanks for your response. i am still having problem even posting a message here today. so, i am not including tcl file and ini file here. what should be looking in the ini file for this problem. thanks, sue