Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Win32-OpenACS Version 1.5

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
Dear Nima,

[NIMA] Maurizio, I believe I sent you the package.rar link? These are the packages I use for my installation. Basically it is a HEAD checkout from oacs.

[MM] Correct me if I'm wrong.
You did not experienced the errors using the files of the packages contained in my Win32-OpenACS distribution. On the contrary you used the files in your packages, the ones you sent me.
Am I right?
I can only be responsible for the changes I made to the files contained in my distribution.

[NIMA] Seriously I believe that all you effort should be committed to cvs or you will have serious maintenance issues in future keeping you work updated.

[MM] Yes, but one thing is to assure consistency and proper behaviour in one configuration I have somehow frozen into an icebox (the Win32-OpenACS distribution) and another one is to guarantee compatibiltity with an evolving configuration... in this case I would need to test and if needed modify/update my code at every change in the OpenACS files.... who's going to sustain this effort?
I still don't know if there's a real interest on the Windows Port.

[NIMA] A maybe better approach would be to provide missing command from cygwin/MinGW/MinSys or the like. Don't you think.

[MM] I already recommended to adopt these packages to make availbale the most used unix commands... For what concerns the selection of a Windonws compilation system I still prefer MS Visual C++ and the code it generates...

Cheers and thanks,
Maurizio