Forum OpenACS Q&A: Changing the textarea size in xowiki

I've just upgraded an xowiki instance from 0.5 to 0.6.

In the 0.5 version we had changed the textarea size of the edit form by changing the html value of the f.text parameter in the WikiForm class thus;

{f.text
{text:richtext(richtext),nospell,optional
{html {rows 30 cols 50 style {width: 100%}}}}
}

In 0.6 the style of the parameter list seems to have changed and I can't work out how to change the default (small) rows value. Could anyone give me a pointer as to how I achieve this now.

Thanks

Steve

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Hmm, 0.6 is pretty old (the oldest version in the openacs cvs is 0.14), so i assume, you mean 0.60.* from the oacs-5-3 branch.

The best way to specify the size of the xinha widget is to set the size (height, width) in CSS dimensions. You can change the height by altering the line

{f.text "= richtext,editor=xinha"}
to e.g.
   {f.text "= richtext,editor=xinha,height=500px"}

The applicable attributes are displayed in the class diagram
http://alice.wu-wien.ac.at:8000/xotcl/show-object?object=%3a%3axowiki%3a%3aFormField%3a%3arichtext%3a%3axinha

Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
Thanks Gustaf.

I did indeed mean 0.50 to 0.60 (that's what you get for firing off a quick message on the way into a meeting :o)

Thats exactly what I was looking for but I didn't have much luck trying to trace it through the docs from the WikiForm class.

- Steve

Collapse
Gustaf

FYI I'm using 0.60.3 of XOWiki. As suggested I've changed line 23 in xowiki-form-procs.tcl to read:

{f.text "= richtext,editor=xinha,height=700px"}

But it doesn't seem to have an effect. If I change the default height value for the FormField::richtext::xinha class in form-field-procs.tcl (line 593) to read:

{height 700px}

Then I get the desired effect. It looks as if the height attribute isn't being passed through. Am I missing something?

- Steve

Collapse
Maybe there was a bug in xowiki 0.60.3; before my posting, i was testing the line above with xowiki 0.83 on firefox 2.0.0.12 and safari 3.1, working in both cases correctly.

The change in form-field-procs alters the default height of all xinha textareas in xowiki. Was this your intention?

Collapse
steve, i can confirm that this was a bug in 0.60.3. The bug fix was kind of tricky, since 0.60.3 is about 20 version bumps from head. However, the new fixed version in the oacs-5-3 branch is 0.60.4.
Collapse
Thanks Gustaf. I'll try it out.
Collapse
That sorted it - thank you.

- Steve