Forum OpenACS Development: Win32-OpenACS Version 1.7

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
Dear all,
I've just compiled version 1.7 (28th of March 2008) of Win32-OpenACS: an actual native Win32 port (no Cygwin, no VMware) of OpenACS.

This version of Win32-OpenACS supports now .LRN and consists of the following components:
1. aolserver-4.5.0 - including
1.1 nscache 1.4
1.2 nssha1 1.1.1.1
1.3 nspostgres 4.1
1.4 nsoracle 2.7
2. tcl-8.5.1
3. tk-8.5.1
4. tDom-0.8.2
5. xotcl-1.6.0
6. thread-2.6.5
7. tcllib-1.10
8. postgresql-8.3.0-2
9. openacs-5-4.0 - from cvs head at the 18th of March 2008 (or openacs-5.3.2 in the folder /aolserver/servers/openacs-5.3.2)
10. xowiki-0.8.3 - from cvs head at the 18th of March 2008 (or xowiki-0.6.3 in the folder /aolserver/servers/openacs-5.3.2)
11. dotlrn-2.3.1

The port can be obtained at the following URL:
http://www.friendlybits.com/en/inf_tec_en/win32openacs_en/

Hope it helps,
Maurizio

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hey, that's great, thanks for your hard work.

Just for your information, we're planning to release .LRN 2.4.0 by the end of april (hopefully a week or so before). Perhaps that information is useful if you think you might have time to package up a release with that version...

Collapse
Hello Don,
thanks for your message.

Please let me know when .LRN 2.4.0 is ready and I'll integrate it into my distribution.

I would appreciate very much from your side some testing of it.

Cheers and thanks,
Maurizio

Collapse
Posted by Enrique Catalan on
Hi,

We've found one issue when running this version on Oracle 10g on Win32 (Windows Server 2003 R2 32bits).

The server crashes when we run this:

db_exec_plsql foo_statement {begin raise_application_error (-20000,'this is the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error message this is the user error message'); end; }

The problem doesn't happen on linux so this seems to be a memory leak or an overflow in the buffer size used for Windows. The length of the message might vary, sometimes it crashes with longer and other times with shorter messages.

Do you have any idea what could be the real problem?

Thanks a lot

Collapse
Dear Enrique, it beats me...
Perhaps you might try to assign the very long text to a variable and then pass this variable as parameter to raise_application_error.

Hope it helps,
Maurizio

Collapse
Posted by Enrique Catalan on
Thanks for your idea Maurizio. I've been trying to find the line in the nsoracle.c where it crashes. Seems like an issue with either the plsql buffer size or the exception buffer size in windows might need to be higher, again, I'm just guessing, I will let you know if I get somewhere.