Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to web hosting services supporting postgresql?

A few people have asked what we'd like to spend for OpenACS hosting... I am looking for an inexpensive no-frills solution that will provide just enough for learning the system. From my current hosting service NovaHosting (five stars!)I get 300 MB and all the e-mail addresses I can eat for $35/mo. and $8 per IP. While they host MySQL & php3 on Apache, they do not offer AOLserver or mod_aolserver. To co-locate a box at my local ISP $150 - $250 / mo.

If I could get away with spending $75 / mo. and purchase additional IPs for say $20 ea. I'd bite. Once the site actually functions for a client I'd be happy to pay more--especially since the site will then have traffic and I'll have a contract to pay for it.

I suspect the problem is going to be that those with hosting services probably have expensive connections themselves. Both above.net and exodus offer far too much power and price tag for my needs. Somebody with $40 / mo. cable modem connection and the ability to purchase static IPs would meet my present needs just fine. Cable isn't available in my area otherwise I'd just do it myself. . .

Anyone think it likely that someone will jump in to fill the low-end gap? I tend to think it doubtful that anyone would be able to make enough on this to make it worthwhile. . .