Forum OpenACS Development: Urgent features that need funding

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I'm curious what features need funding (as we have some spare capacities to look for it), that are crucial to the toolkit but will (most likely) not warrant a client to pay for this (on his/her own). .LRN features will be asked for in a seperate thread.

Things that come into my mind:

- Site-Map / CMS integration
- Consistent Search package with INSO filters (search in the contents of documents)
- Templating / Skinning System Enhancements (Timo and Jeffs work)

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
I think there are features that would be useful to add but the most urgent need is for funding to improve the overall quality and scalability of the toolkit code and to bring the documentation up to date. Unfortunately this seems to be quite difficult to fund and to the extent it gets done, it's by piggybacking on other projects or on a volunteer basis.
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
What happened to the .LRN foundation? Wasn't that part of the idea that the foundation could fund this sort of plumbing work?

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Bruno (Greenpeace) told me that GP will be doing something with CMS early next year, and was interested in the new CMS package project.

He also said that a bunch of people wo were at the .LRN conference in Copenhagen this April were committed to putting up some funding towards CMS work.

Can anyone here fill in the gaps about what was discussed in Copenhagen that might be worth pursuing?