Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Proposal to make slight adjustments to config.tcl

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
That looks good, Jeff, but do all versions of AOLserver 3.x really return version "3"? (AOLserver 4 from cvs HEAD returned "4.1", at least.)

Don: I have no evidence that 500000 bytes are not enough. I just decided it was in accordance with Moore's law to increase it 😊

Joel: I dug up the AOLserver 4 installation instructions from here https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=135723 and what differs form 3.x - when it comes to tDom - is basically:

- a different tDom "configure" setting
- a symlink to the tdom.tcl "module"
- a couple of config.tcl file changes

It would be nice of course if the AOLserver 4 instructions (from the thread I mentioned) was merged with the documentation, but I'm not sure what your plan on this is for the upcoming (5.0) release, though.

Anyway, the changes I suggest to config.tcl and Jeff's check that the correct module is loaded (his check does not in itself load all the necessery tdom stuff) won't hurt folks who choose to employ AOLserver 3.x.

Russel: Sure, why not? Please let us know exactly what you think is a good expression (and a comment) to put in there. Thanks.

/Ola