Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Article on ACS x Zope

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
"Dude, the *name of the product* is the Zope
    *Object* Publishing Environment. It'd be a little tough for me (assuming I like our product) to not defend an OO
    approach to web development with a name like that. 😊 "

In other words, you're not capable of providing an objective evaluation, because you're paid to be religious.  Sort of like listening to a right-wing fundamentalist talk about evolution.

Fair enough - but, why not keep quiet except when in Church?  You're making it clear that you're committed to a religious defense.  Cool - but I'm more interested in an objective evaluation.  If you have nothing more to offer, there's no need to waste your time.  Spend it on your knees, lighting candles and praying to invented saints.

"Is there anything else I should be defending? My skills? Perhaps my co-workers' skills?"

No need to defend your co-workers' skills - after all, they're the smartest folks you've ever worked with!

Now, you might consider defending why I should be impressed by this.  Does it speak of your co-workers, or of yourself?  I don't see how it speaks to me at all.

Not that it matters - the important point is that it doesn't speak at all to the quality of the work they do.  Why do you keep answering in ways that attempt to focus attention on the quality of the people involved, rather than on their work?

Curious.