Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: AUBG Plans a .LRN Pilot and Seeks Advice for the Startup Phase

<blockquote> How many people were involved at first?
</blockquote>

1 (me), + ditto! and over this past year, upto, now, there's well over 100 people and I'm still the main contributor by far. I signed up 2 students in the last two days and gave them their own subsite and dotlrn.

my initial installation was on oacs 4.5 and within a few weeks of purchasing a vserver from acorn.hosting.net, i installed the .lrn virtually, with the help of jim, who i met at the linux expo in sf.

the ctLRN community is located at teknowledgy.org an is the .lrn package on this service. I'll continue this when I get a chance....it's nice to be able to edit messages into the futures.

<blockquote> In what capacity?
</blockquote>
Lame developer and advocate ditto

<blockquote>3. How many hours per person, let's say per week?
</blockquote>
For the second version I had help from a student, after seting it up we have had to do almost nothing, it just runs by itself. Setting up with graphic design backups etc took a few weeks.

another ditto

<blockquote> 4. What was the skill level?
</blockquote>
We are all software engineers with experience in Unix systtems. After setting up, the skills required are of a "webmaster" who has played around with dotLRN (no programming required).

another ditto

<blockquote> 5. How long it took to get comfortable?
</blockquote>
depends for what.. developing applications is a never ending learning experience, using the tool is not hard but you keep learning things.

week or so and now

<blockquote>6. And things up and running?
</blockquote>
The system (small configuration) is just weeks.
getting academics and students to exploit the tool is a MUCH longer process.