Forum OpenACS CMS: Rename this forum?

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Werner on
Can we call this forum overall 'OpenACS Content Repository and Content Management Systems (CMS)' - or some similar variation?

I, for the longest time, thought that CMS was the package you installed to do content management. A project I'm working on has actually encouraged me to dive in - turns out that the real workhorse is content-repository. I think it would be better 'truth in advertising' or at least encourage more people to dive in here.

A subtitle could be 'discussion of CMS projects using content-repository and acs-objects. Includes discussion of content management techniques in OpenACS packages such as file-storage, photo-library, forums, bug-tracker (and others that someone more knowledgable than me might add).

I think most people ignore this forum because it doesn't seem to get much traffic and it won't until more people realize what it's about.

Collapse
2: Re: Rename this forum? (response to 1)
Posted by Jeff Davis on
I think we should keep the short name (so the email subject does not get clipped off) but I added some more explicit hints to the forum charter. Otoh, I think dicussing CR away from using it in a general content management tool is better suited to the OpenACS Development forum.
Collapse
3: Re: Rename this forum? (response to 1)
Posted by Alfred Werner on
Thanks Jeff - I really think little hints like this go a long way :)