Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Remaining work for 5.0.0 release
#1172 has been bounced back to Peter Marklund for either some explanation or a fix depending on what he wants to do. The code's a bit convoluted, apparently because it is used elsewhere, not just by the add-one-user code, and I figured he could tell me what's going on much more efficiently than I can try to figure out what's going on in that code. The bug's obvious, what's not obvious is how to fix it without breaking other chunks of code that call upon it.
I think Dirk was going to revisit the calendar problem, which he thought was fixed.
Hopefully that's it and once the test servers get rebuilt Lars can confirm it's ok.
- Creating a guest user no longer works.. A fix was committed today; if it is not to the submitter's satisfaction, I suggest we demote the bug to not being an OpenACS blocker (it's a dotlrn bug anyway).
- Translation server. The code to make upgrades easy and safe has been committed. Remaining work is
- an intermittent failure in the automatic tests must be tracked down and fixed
- The translation server has to be updated with the new code and then new translations have to be merged back.
- Upgrades. As far as I know, several people have upgraded successfully; in each case it has taken several days and many manual steps plus some bug fixes. I would say that we have not met our upgrade criterion yet.
A conservative ETA for this work is early January.