Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Should CMS be moved to obsolete packages?

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Werner on
I had the impression that CMS was on the way out and BCMS was on the way in - but was trying to do a side-by-side comparison when I hit that problem.

I can say that BCMS does not require CMS, and that the bcms-ui-base and bcms-ui-wizard do allow arbitrary access to the CR areas.

Ripping out workflow - it does try to do some workflow initialization during install (I discovered when I tried to fake out CMS by switching the .info file to look for lars' version - it bombed on some call or other).

I guess for now I'll do the symlink trick so I can install it, but as it is currently configured it should be treated as a "show-stopper" for 5.0 IMHO. We need to either remove workflow calls from CMS or restore acs-workflow from purgatory - bad idea to have a non-functional package.

There is an issue with BCMS-ui-* right now - Jun upgraded bcms (the core api package) which broke the ui* packages - someone on IRC today mentioned they had upgraded the ui* to work with tne new bcms but didn't want to commit without checking...