Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Remaining work for 5.0.0 release

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Many thanks to Peter for fixing 1172 ...

As far as upgrading goes ... has anyone tested Oracle or is it just Postgres that people have upgraded?

I'll probably ask that in today's OCT chat :)

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Remaining and recently met criteria for releasing an RC:
  • all the core packages have upgrade scripts. I have defined five different levels of strictness for this criterion, and will put this on the table for the next OCT meeting, followed by a vote or TIP.
  • All Severity 1 and Severity 2 bugs fixed or postponed and Test team verifies no blocking bugs. Done. (Thanks everybody!)
  • All core packages have automated tests, not necessarily complete, and pass the tests. The number of failed test cases has been creeping up, and as of today we have 24 failed Oracle test cases and 6 failed PostGreSQL test cases. Due to cascading and related errors, these probably represent 4 and 3 different issues, respectively. I believe that we can punt on all of these:
    • One test is for bug 1144, which is punted
    • ad_html_to_text_clipped_link fails, but it doesn't seem critical
    • acs_templating group_tag fails, but it doesn't seem critical. Bug 428.
    • Some of the acs_lang upgrade tests fail on Oracle but not PostGreSQL. Initial inspection suggests that these would require refactoring acs_lang to add a better multi-field primary key to one of the upgrade tables. Failure to fix this shouldn't block release, especially since we've explicitly voted that translation server isn't a blocking issue.
Collapse
Posted by Guan Yang on
So what is blocking 5.0.0?
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
kernel upgrade from 4.6.3 to 5.0.0 is the only remaining blocker.