Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Postgres.so load error with AOLS 2.3.3, Solaris 2.5.1

The current version of the postgres.so driver in the OpenACS CVS does indeed work on AOLserver 2.3.3 -- I'm using it in a production environment (on Linux).

The code is carefully constructed so that it conditionally includes things based on which version of AOLserver is in use, as well as if this is FOR_ACS_USE.

The error message referenced appears to be either caused by AOLserver's loader not being able to find libpq.so, or by libpq.so being improperly built.

Not being a Solaris expert, I wouldn't know where you'd need to put libpq.so to have the dynaloader find it -- try copying libpq.so to /usr/lib, rerun ldconfig (if Solaris needs that step), and try again.

Again, the load error is related to libpq.so, not postgres.so -- if postgres.so was improperly compiled, you'd get errors from it about undefined symbol, etc.  The error that is being issued relates to postgres.so not being able to be linkloaded (relocated) due to libpq.so having a problem.

The libcrypt issue occurs on Linux, but I don't think it does on Solaris.