Forum OpenACS Q&A: Problems compiling AOLserver3.3oacs1 & tDOM 0.7.8

Request notifications

Hi,

I get this message when I try to compile tDOM 0.7.8

clude" -I/usr/local/src/aolserver/aolserver/include    -O -D__NO_STRING_INLINES -D__NO_MATH_INLINES  -fPIC -O -D__NO_STRING_INLINES -D__NO_MATH_INLINES  -fPIC -c `echo ../generic/xmlsimple.c` -o xmlsimple.o
In file included from ../generic/xmlsimple.c:69:
../generic/dom.h:487: error: parse error before "Tcl_Obj"
../generic/dom.h:487: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../generic/dom.h:495: error: parse error before '}' token
../generic/dom.h:495: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../generic/dom.h:504: error: parse error before "domDocument"
[...]
../generic/xmlsimple.c:1112: error: `pos' undeclared (first use in this function)
../generic/xmlsimple.c:1113: error: `xml' undeclared (first use in this function)
../generic/xmlsimple.c:1113: error: `ignoreWhiteSpaces' undeclared (first use in this function)
../generic/xmlsimple.c:1113: error: `errStr' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [xmlsimple.o] Error 1

I'm using SuSE 9.0.
Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

I saw this one a couple days back, on RH9.  I fought mightily with it, thinking it was a path problem or something.  I also had a problem with tDOM complaining about tcl not being thread safe at the same time.  (A complete catalog of my middle-of-the-night misery may be found at http://openacs.org/irc/log/2003-12-14.)

In the end, in disgust, I blew the whole src/tDOM directory away, unzipped a fresh copy, told it to compile again, and it worked beautifully.  I think I had *something* weird cached somewhere from my first compile attempt, where I *did* have a path wrong.

Anyway, it might be worth a shot.  If that isn't your first compile attempt, there might be something lurking from it...

Collapse
Posted by EK V on
Thanks Cathy for your reply.

I figure it out and then I realized that I don't need tDOM, because I'm using OpenACS 4.6.3. :)

I had to compile TCL (8.3.5) with --enable-threads and in unix/CONFIG file I added --with-tcl=/usr/local/src/tcl8.3.5/unix. From docs I thought that I must have --with-tcl=$aolsrc/... ;(
Also, you have to delete tDOM and unpack it again.

Thanks again for idea,

Collapse
Posted by Rolf Ade on
If you change configuration options, just do

make distclean
../configure --with-tcl=... ....
make

This has always worked for me.