Forum OpenACS Development: Pending Projects

Collapse
Posted by Chris Davies on
I have a number of projects that are in the queue, and rather than duplicate efforts, I wanted to know if there was a place in the community to list modifications or packages that are being developed so that there isn't too much split effort?  I know there are 4 CMS projects going on, and there are two different Resource list packages.

I have two that I'll be working on over the next week or so that I'll post here, but if there is a better place, please direct me.  Thanks.

1, a Metar/weather parser that can work both as a widget that can be included on a page or can be used to allow someone to see what their local weather is on a portal page.

2, a modification to ad_form adding a widget for human verification, something similar to how altavista or yahoo put the little blurred graphic on the page and you have to type the letters and numbers in a field to complete the entry.

If the community is interested in either, or has any suggestions or ideas for the two above, let me know.

Collapse
2: Re: Pending Projects (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I think people would be interested in both, but especially the second item. I personally would welcome more ad_form widgets!

I don't think there is a really good place to put these suggestions, except for right here in the forum. Perhaps once the Wiki is set up, that would be a good place to track this sort of thing.

Collapse
3: Re: Pending Projects (response to 1)
Posted by César Clavería on
Good projects, any update on No. 2?
Either by you or anyone else?
I'm really interested in implementing some kind of captcha in the site registration form, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse
4: Re: Pending Projects (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
you may want to get in touch with Neophytos. He also plans to create captchas.